I am a data scientist with years of management and process engineering experience.
A few more things about me
I am fluent in English, Filipino, and Japanese and currently learning how to speak French.
I have experience delivering projects across APAC including Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and India.
I have done volunteer work as a project manager for a project that used small-scale renewable energy systems to provide energy to victims of typhoon as part of typhoon relief operations in the Philippines.
Data Scientist | Product Manager
I am a strategist always looking for innovative ways to improve products and systems by harnessing the power of data.
In my decade-long experience as an engineer and a manager, I acquired key competencies that I now bring to the table. My data skills complement a strong grasp of the technical, operational, and financial aspects of the business to provide valuable insights into complex business problems. I offer a data-driven and customer-centric approach to product management.
I am keen to join an organisation that provides opportunities to solve practical problems and create impacts that benefit society.
- Python (including Pandas and Numpy)
- Machine Learning (scikit-learn, statsmodel, tensorflow)
- Visualisation (matplotlib, seaborn, plotly)
- Web apps via streamlit.io
- Google scripts
- Product & Project Management
- User Experience Research
- Design Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Tender/Proposal Development
- Web scraping
- Git/ version control
Product Manager at LexisNexis
Sydney | 2021 – Present
- Managing the development of new products and features for flagship products in a legal research platform.
- Spearheading customer discovery initiatives to understand user pain points and to test new product ideas.
- Performing data analysis on customer usage to aid in creating product strategy and roadmaps.
- Leading a global team of developers, content editors, testers, and IT support in ensuring the successful delivery of product features.
- Creating marketing collateral and training materials to support product adoption.
- Leveraged my background in computer engineering to develop tools to standardise processes and automate tasks increasing process efficiency
- Successfully managed EPC projects across Australia leading to capturing new business from existing clients
- Converted leads to wins, through tender responses and repeat business from existing clients
- Led the company to turn profit on our first year
- Successfully managed EPC projects in remote communities; record of 90% on-time and 100% under budget execution despite logistical challenges
- Above par rate of capturing new businesses from existing clients
- Ground-up design to evaluation of Clean Development Mechanism Projects with successful awarding of carbon credits
- Increased project handling efficiency by designing and implementing an automated calculation system from raw SCADA data